The pancreas is an important organ responsible for many processes. This organ is responsible for the production of enzymes necessary for the normal digestion of food. In addition, the pancreas is responsible for the production of insulin. If it doesn't start functioning at full capacity, diabetes could appear.
Pancreatic disease is medically called pancreatitis. With such a disease, the iron becomes inflamed, and the person must take measures to restore and heal the organ. For these purposes, drug treatment is used, and a diet for pancreatitis is needed, a menu for every day.
Nutritional characteristics for pancreatitis and inflammation
Inflammation of the pancreas is most often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. They are the leading cause of organ dysfunction. If there is a reason for the inflammation of the gland, then it is necessary to normalize the normal production of enzymes, otherwise the mechanism of "self-digestion" may begin, which can become a threat to human life and health.
What should be the diet for pancreatitis
Diet for pancreatitis, an approximate menu for a week will directly depend on the form it has.
The first thing to remember is that for any form of pancreatic disease, you need to be on a starvation diet for 3-5 days. Thanks to such a diet, it will be possible to unload this organ and try to relieve the inflammatory process. During such a diet, you can drink mineral water without gas in small quantities. You cannot drink more than 4-5 glasses a day. If desired, the water can be replaced with natural juices, but only with the agreement of a doctor.
If the inflammation of the pancreas has an acute form, it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment, then live and eat as usual. But, despite this, you will have to follow a starvation diet for a week and the same amount of time with a diet that excludes the use of fatty, fried, spicy, salty. In order for the recovery to go faster, it will be possible to use an approximate menu from the diet according to table number 5.
The diet for acute pancreatitis should consist of:
- Breakfast. It must necessarily consist of oatmeal, biscuits, omelette made from egg whites.
- The lunch menu may consist of cottage cheese, which has a low-fat, milk-based drink.
- Lunch can consist of vegetable stew, boiled fish or meat, fruit puree or you can drink fresh juice. If you drink juice, it is best to do it just before use, so that all vitamins and trace elements are stored in it. Juice can be made from apples, bananas. It is not necessary to prepare orange juices as they are considered heavy on the stomach.
- Dinner can consist of fish balls, vegetable puree, dried fruit compote (apples, pears, apricots). You can also cook boiled potatoes with chicken.
In chronic pancreatitis, the pancreas gradually begins to degenerate. In this case, the diet may not be so strict, but it must be followed. The diet will consist in the fact that a person will have to remove from the diet everything that will cause the production of a large number of enzymes.
Sample menu for one week with pancreatic disease
In order for the pancreas to function normally, doctors very often recommend a diet for at least 1 month. The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults will be to completely eliminate all unhealthy foods from the diet, replacing them with useful ones. Such a diet can relieve inflammation and forget about pancreatitis for a long time.
Menus that can be cooked all week:
- Breakfast. It can consist of oatmeal porridge cooked in water. If you want to add a little milk after cooking. Crushed rice porridge on water. Carrot puree with boiled fish. You can also make mashed potatoes with boiled fish.
- Second breakfastcan consist of apple soufflé, jelly, calcined cottage cheese, carrot pudding.
- Lunchcan consist of meatballs, steamed protein omelette, steamed fish meatloaf, mashed potatoes and boiled chicken.
- At noonthe menu can consist of steamed omelette, vegetable puree soup.
- For dinneryou can cook boiled potatoes with fish or chicken, steamed omelette, steamed ricotta soufflé.
Despite the fact that the diet for pancreatitis is very strict, it is very important not to forget to drink not too strong tea, drink compote, mineral water without gas. By the way, with inflammation of the pancreas, it is necessary to eat bread (200 grams) and sugar (30 grams) every day, which can be used in the preparation of some dishes.
It is very important that the sample menu is small, but frequent. Also, the food you eat needs to be hot and fresh. It is very important that every week, every day, a person eats hot meals.
Dietary and nutrition recommendations for pancreatic disease and inflammation
If you wish, you can make the menu for pancreatic pancreatitis for a week varied and tasty, even starting from a small amount of products. People who have problems with their pancreas should include the following foods on their menu:
- Yesterday's wheat bread, biscuits. You can not eat fresh bread, as it is considered baking, and it adversely affects the state of health during exacerbations. You cannot eat more than 200-250 grams of such bread per day.
- Steamed, boiled, baked meat. It is very important that the meat is dietary, such as chicken or rabbit. You can also use lean meat.
- Lean fish. It should also be boiled or steamed.
- In case of pancreatitis, it is important to eat cottage cheese, it is desirable that it has a pasty consistency.
- Porridge that will have a higher viscosity, for example oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice, all will help with inflammation.
- Don't forget fruits and vegetables. Sure, you can't eat them raw, but you can boil, baked, or stewed. It is very important to eat cauliflower puree.
- For first courses it is better to use a secondary broth. The meat that was used to make the broth is best consumed in a flattened form so that it is digested faster and better.
- You can prepare a casserole made from ricotta and pasta. It should be steamed, this is especially important when this organ is inflamed.
- It is imperative to eat protein omelets, as they contain many essential substances and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the body. In addition, proteins during inflammation help to cope with the disease faster.
When cooking food, add oil after the dish is ready. The fact is that the human body needs fats, so it is impossible to completely exclude them. The amount of oil that can be added to food per day should not exceed 50 grams. If for any reason you see that treatment and diet for a diseased liver and pancreas do not help, you should consult a doctor who will correct the treatment and tell you what should be removed from the menu.