Recently, among people who dream of losing weight, looking at their own figure or simply following a healthy lifestyle, special cocktails called smoothies have become very popular. They are something between a drink and a full meal. Smoothies are made by mixing different products in a blender, often vegetables, berries, and fruits. The fashion for these cocktails came to us from the West, where their use has almost become a cult. In America and Europe, you can easily find establishments that offer smoothies and often don't serve anything else besides them.
In our article, we will look at the benefits of weight loss shakes, how to use and prepare them for effective weight loss.
Ingredients for smoothies
A smoothie can hardly be called a drink - it's more of a dessert, an appetizer, a snack, or even a full meal. The type of food a cocktail will be used for largely depends on what it's made of. For this, completely different components can be taken. In addition to traditional vegetables, berries and fruit for smoothies, spices, herbs, leaves, nuts, ice, yogurt, milk, kefir, sprouted wheat, ice cream and seeds often complete the composition. Of course, the properties of the dish will also change from the presence of some components in the cocktail. For weight loss, smoothies should be prepared with low calorie foods and foods that promote fat burning. First of all, it is recommended to pay attention to the following:
- Vegetables - cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, peppers, onions.
- Vegetables: basil, coriander, parsley, dill, mint, spinach, sorrel.
- Berries - gooseberries, cranberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, currants.
- Fruits - apples, cherries, cherry plums, apricots, peaches, plums, cherries, limes, pears, kiwis, pineapples, grapefruits and other citrus fruits.
- Dairy products: low-fat or low-fat kefir, cottage cheese and milk, natural yogurt without sugar.
- Natural juices, green tea.
- Seeds and Nuts - Flax seeds, wheat germ, sesame, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pine nuts and Brazil nuts in very small quantities.
- Oatmeal, bran.
- Spicy condiments and spices, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger.
How to make smoothies for weight loss
Like other similar cocktails, weight loss smoothies are prepared in a blender. The necessary components are thoroughly washed, if necessary, the skin and the core with stones are removed from them. They are then placed in a blender bowl and mashed until smooth. Also, if desired, you can add additional components to the smoothie, for example, spices, flax seeds, nuts, etc. Of course, cocktails with solid components should no longer be drunk, but eaten.
To make a successful smoothie, take components of different density, that is, one product should be firmer, the other juicier, for example, you can take a grapefruit and an apple. More interesting flavors are obtained by mixing sweet and sour foods. If you see that the cocktail is too thick, add the most suitable liquid component: juice, green tea, milk, cream or ice cubes.
When preparing your weight loss cocktails, try to choose the products you love the most, so using them you will get pleasure as well as benefits. But just choose ingredients wisely, refuse high calorie additives like chocolate, ice cream, etc. , as well as sugar and other sweeteners. Ideally, you should get a smoothie that is nutritious enough to give the body the necessary energy boost, but at the same time it should have a minimum calorie content, ideally around 200 calories.
How to lose weight with smoothies
Hoping that drinking a glass of smoothies a day will lose weight well, it's not worth it. Noticeable weight loss will only occur with an integrated approach. In no case should cocktails serve as an additional food, they should replace at least one of the usual meals. Along with this, you should also keep track of what you eat besides smoothies. For the period of weight loss, alcohol, sweet, fatty and high-calorie foods should be eliminated from the diet. It is recommended to supplement these measures with an increase in physical activity.
Smoothie fasting days, during which you will only consume these products, can yield good results. Such days can be spent once or twice a week. Particularly persistent he only eats smoothies for several days in a row. In principle, this is allowed and can even be beneficial to health, since such a menu will also help cleanse the body of all harmful things.
The main thing to remember is that you can only eat smoothies for no more than a week. At the same time, it is best to eat in small portions (about a glass) about six times a day or every couple of hours. This approach to nutrition allows you to reduce the volume of the stomach, improves metabolism and prevents severe hunger attacks, which often lead to breakdowns. Of course, the smoothie diet, performed this way, will give the fastest and best results.
Smoothies - recipes for weight loss
Smoothie with oatmeal
There are two ways to make an oatmeal cocktail. According to the first, before mixing the ingredients, it is recommended to steam oatmeal with a small amount of boiling water or hot milk. In a second way, the oatmeal is placed in a blender bowl along with other ingredients and whipped raw. It is difficult to say which of these methods is better. It's worth trying to make smoothies one way or another, and then decide what you like best.
Some of the more common oatmeal smoothie recipes include the following:
- Put a couple of tablespoons of steamed or dried oatmeal, half a banana, one hundred grams of low-fat natural yogurt in a blender, then whisk all the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, it can be slightly diluted with milk or kefir. Also, if desired, you can add fruit, berries or a combination of them to this cocktail.
- Grind four strawberries, a quarter of a banana, a tablespoon of oatmeal and half a glass of kefir with a blender. Ready smoothie can be sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Such a cocktail can be prepared with both fruits and vegetables, they are often mixed together. Consider some interesting green smoothie recipes:
- Diet smoothie with asparagus and celery. Asparagus, being an excellent natural source of carbohydrates and proteins, saturates well, and celery rejuvenates cells and promotes weight loss, avocado and Chinese cabbage nourish the body with vitamins and enrich its taste. All of this makes this smoothie an ideal weight loss product. To prepare it, combine one hundred grams of Chinese cabbage, water and celery, add half an avocado and four asparagus stalks, then chop all the ingredients.
- Spinach and banana smoothie. In a blender bowl, place half a large banana, a third of a bunch of lettuce, three large spinach leaves, a glass of water and a few mint leaves. Grind the ingredients until smooth and pour them into a suitable container. This cocktail is well complemented by flax or chia seeds, goji berries or spirulina powder. Therefore, if you own any of the products listed, you can add them to your smoothie.
- Lemon smoothie. Put about three hundred grams of spinach (other vegetables can be used in its place), half a lemon, a pear, a banana and one hundred milliliters of water in a blender bowl, then chop until smooth. By the way, water can be replaced with milk, try this option, you might like it more.
- Apple smoothie. Cut the apple into slices and core them. Place the wedges in a blender, add a handful of spinach (both fresh and frozen will work fine), then blend.
- Mixed green. Peel a cucumber and remove the seeds of a green pepper. Cut them into pieces, put them in a blender bowl, then add the chopped green onion stalk, a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, a third of a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger. Grind the ingredients when they become a homogeneous mass, add a little mineral water and shake the cocktail.
Vegetable smoothies and smoothies smoothies
- One hundred and fifty grams of cooked and slightly cooled broccoli, beat with a blender. Then add some vegetables, herbs and a glass of kefir and blend again.
- Combine one hundred grams of boiled broccoli and the same amount of fresh spinach, peeled orange, sliced medium carrots and a quarter of apple. Grind the ingredients in a blender, then add a glass of grapefruit juice and whisk.
- Chop half an avocado, an apple and a cucumber and some chopped fresh ginger.
- Mix five cherry tomatoes (you can replace them with a normal tomato), a cucumber, half a stalk of celery, a quarter of a small onion, a couple of sprigs of dill, a clove of garlic, a pinch of black pepper and cold kefir.
Smoothie recipes for weight loss with sprouted wheat
- Place any two fruits and a tablespoon of sprouted wheat in the blender bowl. Beat the ingredients well, then pour them a glass of milk, put a spoonful of cottage cheese and beat everything again.
- Put a glass of kefir in the blender bowl, add a handful of berries, choose the ones you like best, a tablespoon of sprouted wheat, four tablespoons of yogurt and half a tablespoon of honey.
Chop half a kiwi, a medium apple, half a grapefruit and a quarter of a banana. Add to them 2 grams of dried ginger root or a small piece of fresh ginger root, a glass of cold green tea and a tablespoon of honey. Grind all components until smooth with a blender, then pour the resulting mass into a suitable container.